Here's another great late fall/early Christmas wreath I made! This wreath ended up evolving to something completely different than what I had originally planned. It's amazing to me how you can come up with an idea that will seem so pretty in your head and then turns out so ugly in reality so you just keep going and going and it becomes pretty again!
I started off with my usual straw wreath. I measured around it to create four sections that I wanted to color with a different yarn. I had leftover white and gold yarn from other wreaths and thought it would look nice together.
Here is one section wrapped in the gold yarn.
Here is a picture of two sections wrapped in gold yarn with the middle wrapped in white. Note: All this hard work of different color yarn wrapping ended up not mattering as I covered it all up. Goodbye wasted afternoon!
Here is wreath is all yarned out. It looks nice! I'll have to try another wreath in the future with two kinds of yarn that will actually be displayed!
Here is the wreath with my initial plan which was to have the gold section outlined in tiny gold ornaments. I ended up not having enough ornaments for the four sections and it looked really bad so I added these gold leaves around the edged. I still wasn't a happy camper.
So I added more gold ornaments and gold leaves and then some red berries of different textures I had lying around. This was one of the last wreaths I made so it was great to use up all these extra materials. When I finally stopped adding more, more, and more, I took a step back and realized - Oh wow, this is pretty pretty! See, sometimes more IS better!! I then covered the top gold yarn section with some sparkly gold ribbon. I might have liked to put berries and leaves up there too but I didn't want to buy more and then it might have been too much.
A close up of my berries, leaves, and ornaments.
Here is it hanging nicely on the wall: