Today, I have a twist on a well loved recipe. This recipe is slightly adapted from a Paula Deen favorite - Strawberry Pretzel Salad. I'm calling it Raspberry Lemonade Pretzel Salad.
You will need:
-2 cups of crushed pretzels
-3/4 cup butter, melted
-3 TBS and 3/4 cup sugar
-8 ounces of cream cheese (softened)
-8 ounces of whipped topping (like Cool Whip)
-two 3 ounce packages of raspberry gelatin
-two 10 ounce packages of frozen raspberries (for this, I bought one 16 ounce bag)
-3 TBS fresh lemon juice
2. For the crust, mix crushed pretzels, melted butter, and 3 TBS sugar. Press into the bottom of a 9x13 baking pan and bake for 7 minutes at 400 degrees F. Let cool.
3. In a bowl, beat together cream cheese and sugar. Fold in whipped topping. Add lemon juice.
Note: you'll want to add more lemon juice. But don't. Any more than 3
TBS and the cream cheese mixture will get runny and won't completely
set. I've made this recipe twice (once with strawberry and once with
raspberry. The second time I added all my lemon juice which was probably
just 4 TBS and it made a huge difference in the consistency of it).
4. Spread over crust. Refrigerate until well chilled.
5. In a small bowl, dissolve gelatin with 2 cups of boiling water and allow to cool slightly. Add raspberries and pour over cream cheese mixture.
6. Refrigerate until serving time (until gelatin is hard and bouncy). To serve, cut into slices. You can add an extra dollop of whipped topping if you'd like.
Here is a picture of the one I made with strawberries so you can see all the layers. That pan was too small and I always spilled my jello everywhere. The cake pan is perfect.
Warning: your co-workers will love this recipe. They'll tell you that you're not allowed to make anything else for them ever again because all they want to do is eat this forever.
I'm linking up here!